Rydon has established a strong reputation for the quality within our new-build and maintenance sectors, creating and improving communities for the benefit of current and future generations. For over 40 years, we've recruited talented and innovative people to build and maintain homes, schools, hospitals, student accommodation and more. We combine a personal touch with outstanding technical expertise to deliver award-winning, quality facilities for local communities with a commitment from people who are passionate about what they do.
We recognise that it’s our people who make Rydon the success it is today and we understand the importance of career development and training. We’re continuously investing in our people and this is what makes us one of the leading employers in our industry.
We are now recruiting for an administrator to join our head office based Health and Safety Team, based in the idyllic village Forest Row (East Sussex). The successful candidate will play a key role in ensuring the effective administration and smooth running of the health and safety department. The role would suit a candidate with previous administration experience, although full training will be provided. Core duties include taking responsibility for being the first point of contact for safety related queries (by phone and email), maintaining and updating safety records including input into the group core training matrix (which is designed to ensure that all of our construction sites and teams maintain the legally required level of training and certification). The role also involves supporting the Director of Safety and their team covering the day to day administration of the department including the up keep and maintenance of several key online reporting systems.
Other key duties include:
- Issuing safety communications including alerts and bulletins
- Department administration, including holiday management, document filing and retrieval, archiving into the Document Management System (DMS), photocopying/scanning, booking course
- Arrange monthly meetings (including Safety Directors Forum and Team Meetings) attend and produce and distribute necessary minutes of meetings
- Monitor The Safety Team group email daily and distribute to relevant Safety team member
- Assist the Environmental Advisor in the maintenance of the Accuvio database (Waste and Energy reporting system) including training of internal staff
- Collate and produce board reports each month from the HSQ&E Dashboards
- Maintain Arco account (online PPE system) including contact list with new projects and delete where applicable
- Update and distribute project site list
- Maintain COSHH assessment database Sypol (online system) including requesting new assessments
This is a varied and challenging role in a fast paced, but friendly office environment where full training is provided. If you enjoy the buzz of working in a role where no two days are the same, we might be just what you are looking for.
The preferred candidate will have previous office administration experience gained within a busy office environment. It is not necessary to have previous experience of working within a safety department. You will have excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail, along with good Excel and Word skills. Above all, you'll have a passion for helping teams deliver through providing an effective administration service.
If you have the above experience, we'd strongly encourage you to apply.
As a well established, progressive company we are committed to attracting and retaining individuals by offering an excellent benefits package that includes a wide range of core and voluntary benefits.
Rydon is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity in employment. Successful candidates will be selected solely on their ability to carry out the duties of the post.
To apply online, please use the 'apply for this job link' at the top of this page.
Our application process is very straight forward allowing you to apply with a CV (from your Computer or Dropbox), LinkedIn, Facebook or Google+ and should take no more than a few short minutes.
For details on our rewards, recognition and benefits please click here
For more details on our culture and what it’s like to work at Rydon, please click here
Further information on how to apply can be found by clicking here