We are now seeking an experienced Contract Manager to lead our South London (Canning Town and Brockley based) PFI housing maintenance/repairs contracts. Rydon Maintenance provides first-class planned, responsive, lifecycle and cyclical repairs services within the social housing, healthcare and education sectors. We combine a personal touch with outstanding technical expertise to deliver award-winning, quality facilities for local communities with a commitment from people who are passionate about what they do.
We recognise that it’s our people who make Rydon the success it is today and we understand the importance of career development and training. We’re continuously investing in our people and this is what makes us one of the leading employers within the built environment.
We are currently seeking an experienced Contract Manager to join our South London PFI Housing Maintenance contract (based at Canning Town and Brockley). The successful candidate will take responsibility for managing this flagship contract which includes planned, lifecycle, cyclical decorations and reactive maintenance for the residents of more than 10,000 social housing properties. This is a long-term contract, and therefore involves long term strategic planning as well as reactive decision making, providing the postholder with an excellent opportunity to deliver long term value for our Clients and residents. The core of this role is to ensure the continued success of our PFI contracts, ensuring that service delivery continues to meet our client's high standards and those of local residents, whilst balancing KPI and financial responsibilities.
This vacancy has arisen as part of a planned succession strategy, and the successful candidate will therefore benefit from an extensive handover/induction.
The main focus of the role is to ensure that we deliver an outstanding maintenance and repairs service by providing excellent team leadership, long term planning of resources and delivering continuous improvements to the services/operations we provide.
Specific key duties include:
- Responsible for daily, weekly, monthly and annual planning of resources (including office staff, as well as a demand based approach to directly employed and subcontracted skilled trades).
- Attending and/or chairing all related meetings.
- Make value based decisions in the context of the lengthy contract periods and the company’s targets and obligations.
- Achieving and/or exceeding contractual key performance indicators.
- Ensure company and contractual policies and procedures are complied with.
- Responsible for Health and safety (both of the team the operations are involved with and anyone affected by them).
- Responsible for preparing for internal and external audits on areas of responsibility, taking the lead during each audit.
- Development of individuals, helping company and staff to achieve goals.
- Timely and accurate production of regular and ad-hoc reports.
- Monitor visiting Sub-Contractors ensuring health and safety compliance, works carried out satisfactorily and within time scales, site left clean and safe, service / work sheets left.
- Continually review and assess operational performance reporting any needs and / or suggestions so that action can be taken to maintain / enhance service delivery.
- Be part of the Out of Hours escalation management team.
As this is a PFI contract, there is an excellent opportunity to make a real difference for the clients and residents we serve, as well as excellent opportunities for onward development for you and the teams you lead.
The preferred candidate will be an experienced operational/contract manager with experience ideally gained with a housing repairs contractor. Experience of PFI contracts would be an advantage, but is not essential. Candidates with experience of managing long term contracts or repairs contracts gained within a different sector (such as healthcare or education) will also be considered. You will also have excellent previous experience of leading teams that manage directly employed and subcontracted trades with up to date knowledge (and qualifications) within health and safety. You will have strong financial acumen, using your expertise to ensure that the financial interests of both Rydon and our Clients are managed throughout the life of the contract. You will also demonstrate excellent long-term planning/strategic thinking in order to recommend and implement continuous improvements to benefit our client and Rydon.
This role offers excellent opportunity for further personal development. If you have the above skills and experience we would strongly encourage you to apply.
As a well established, progressive company we are committed to attracting and retaining individuals by offering an excellent benefits package that includes a wide range of core and voluntary benefits.
Rydon is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity in employment. Successful candidates will be selected solely on their ability to carry out the duties of the post.
To apply online, please use the 'apply for this job link' at the top of this page.
Our application process is very straight forward allowing you to apply with a CV (from your Computer or Dropbox), LinkedIn, Facebook or Google+ and should take no more than a few short minutes.
For details on our rewards, recognition and benefits please click here
For more details on our culture and what it’s like to work at Rydon, please click here
Further information on how to apply can be found by clicking here